We all need a break every now and then, even if it’s just for a day or two. One fun item I like to do is have a Staycation. It’s a weekend or even just a day at home where you treat it like a mini vacation.
Here are the rules (feel free to adjust to your needs):
- Do whatever you want. Most of my Staycations consist of me staying in my PJ’s all day long and binge watching TV or reading a book. I refuse to lift a single finger to do housework. If my house is a disaster, that’s ok for the day. I don’t care, because I am on a Staycation.
- Be unplugged. Stay away from your phone and internet for a few hours, preferably the entire day. Whatever else is going on can wait. You need to fully relax to recharge.
- Eat whatever you want. Frozen pizza or grill a steak dinner…it’s all up to you. There’s no such thing as calories during a Staycation.
- No guests. For me, pure relaxation is when it just me, my hubby, and our two cats. I don’t let anyone come to our home during a Staycation. The point is to relax.
Here’s a few ideas of inexpensive things you can do for a Staycation. It’s your Staycation, so you can be as lame or as adventurous as you want:
- Rent a movie…or go to a movie!
- Grab a sandwich and some snacks and have a picnic at a local park.
- Read a book or explore your local library.
- Go to a local beach.
- Take a long bubble bath. Add candles for even more relaxation.
- Give yourself a manicure and pedicure. If your budget allows, treat yourself to one.
- Take a local tour to see something new that’s close to home. Maybe explore a garden, a park, or a historic site.
- Have a bonfire.
- Treat yourself to a couple specialty cocktails. You don’t have to be on a beach to enjoy a piña colada.
- Take a long nap.
- Make yourself a nice homemade meal or make it a family event.
- Play board games or yard games.
- Go for a walk, bike ride, or run.
- Go shopping (but stay within your budget!). Thrift shopping is fun!
- Camp in your backyard.
Enjoy your home and the local area around your home. We all need to take a break every now and then, so a Staycation is a must. I tend to take at least one a month. It’s nice to rewind, relax, and recharge.